About the diary writer

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, Alexandria, Virginia, United States
~ About: A 1961-65 Park College Diary ~ As a high school girl and then a college coed in the first half of the 1960s, I wrote nightly entries on the pages of one-year diaries. In January 2010 I began transcribing the entries into a blog and gave each one a title. I grew up on three farms within 30 miles of Iowa City and the University of Iowa with its Iowa Writers' Workshop. As the oldest of four daughters, in my diaries I sometimes referred to my sisters as "the kids" or "the girls." We helped our parents, but we also had good, wholesome fun - a characteristic I took with me to Park. Park is 300 miles southwest of West Chester, Iowa, in Parkville, Missouri, on the Missouri River 10 miles northwest of Kansas City, Missouri, and across the river from Kansas City, Kansas. In 2000 Park College became Park University. Today Park's flagship campus is in Parkville and there are an additional 41 campus centers across the nation. Park was one of the first educational institutions in the United States to offer online learning. My last post was on May 22, 2018. I may be followed on Twitter @BarbaraMcDWhitt.

Y's Men's Play, "Room Service" - Wednesday, March 2, 1960

We went to the Y's Men's play, "Room Service," at the high school in Washington. It was good. This was their first night. We had to dig our way out of the driveway and back in when we got home since it is snowing "like crazy" again. We started trumpet trio practice. I wonder when I'll get my geometry done.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Thank you so much, Barbara, for visiting my blog and for your very kind words, they're very much appreciated. I started blogging in July of 2008 and can't even imagine what my life would be without it. It also got me into photograpy, which I had never done before. So, lots of good things can come from blogging and the best of all is meeting so many people from all over the world. Again, thanks for your visit and I hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Barbara McDowell Whitt said...

Thank you, Sylvia, for replying to the post I left on your blog. I love the name you chose for yours--Sylvia From Over the Hill, which, as you know, I found by Googling over 65 no grandchildren. So far my followers who have left posts have been a daughter, a niece, and the former husband of a sister, and I am thrilled to have yours. I had a feeling you would leave a post for me--I had told my husband at lunch time I thought I had found a soul mate. So even if we don't post on a regular basis on each other's blogs, we can be with each other in spirit. I will also be looking at your other blogs and the blogs you follow. Thank you so much for your encouragement and the inspiration you have instilled in others and me.