About the diary writer

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, Alexandria, Virginia, United States
~ About: A 1961-65 Park College Diary ~ As a high school girl and then a college coed in the first half of the 1960s, I wrote nightly entries on the pages of one-year diaries. In January 2010 I began transcribing the entries into a blog and gave each one a title. I grew up on three farms within 30 miles of Iowa City and the University of Iowa with its Iowa Writers' Workshop. As the oldest of four daughters, in my diaries I sometimes referred to my sisters as "the kids" or "the girls." We helped our parents, but we also had good, wholesome fun - a characteristic I took with me to Park. Park is 300 miles southwest of West Chester, Iowa, in Parkville, Missouri, on the Missouri River 10 miles northwest of Kansas City, Missouri, and across the river from Kansas City, Kansas. In 2000 Park College became Park University. Today Park's flagship campus is in Parkville and there are an additional 41 campus centers across the nation. Park was one of the first educational institutions in the United States to offer online learning. My last post was on May 22, 2018. I may be followed on Twitter @BarbaraMcDWhitt.

Tonight Two Men Will Be on Lookout for Prowler - Monday, March 5, 1962

Back to the daily, fast passing week routine of classes, work and study plus doing things "on the run" in between. They still haven't caught he prowler although reports are that he's been seen or heard every night. Tonight we're having two men in each back side end room and they'll have a walkie-talkie. Last night Nickel was our guard. Mom Hawkins just came past. I told her I wasn't concerned (about the prowler). She said I looked so nice yesterday in my magenta dress. We had an LLC meeting tonight about our WUS booth.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Gosh, I hope there is an end to the prowler story and we all get to find out what that is all about!

Barbara McDowell Whitt said...

It surely must have been something that kept escalating in the minds of some of my dorm mates. I don't remember anything about it.