About the diary writer

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, Alexandria, Virginia, United States
~ About: A 1961-65 Park College Diary ~ As a high school girl and then a college coed in the first half of the 1960s, I wrote nightly entries on the pages of one-year diaries. In January 2010 I began transcribing the entries into a blog and gave each one a title. I grew up on three farms within 30 miles of Iowa City and the University of Iowa with its Iowa Writers' Workshop. As the oldest of four daughters, in my diaries I sometimes referred to my sisters as "the kids" or "the girls." We helped our parents, but we also had good, wholesome fun - a characteristic I took with me to Park. Park is 300 miles southwest of West Chester, Iowa, in Parkville, Missouri, on the Missouri River 10 miles northwest of Kansas City, Missouri, and across the river from Kansas City, Kansas. In 2000 Park College became Park University. Today Park's flagship campus is in Parkville and there are an additional 41 campus centers across the nation. Park was one of the first educational institutions in the United States to offer online learning. My last post was on May 22, 2018. I may be followed on Twitter @BarbaraMcDWhitt.

Reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and Thinking of Seth - Monday, May 10, 1965

I spent most of today reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. When I read that I can't help thinking about Seth and wondering how he will turn out. In a way I'd like to write to him, but I just don't think I should do anything to encourage him. I'd like to write a book myself. I've been toying with the idea of Krap Egelloc (Park College spelled backward) but I can't decide on an approach. Jean Burright's behind me on the title, and Tom Strauss thinks it would be fine - if it contained "a lot of sex." I wonder if I could get away with something along that line - I want to do it for certain reasons in connection with Park.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Informative stuff. Actually, I'm also a student and find out the solved or answers to my syllabus questions & landed here. As an editor and writer, I've been a critic for 35 years, and the first thing of lineserved.com that strikes me is that people always use multiple criteria - the same criteria - when evaluating completely different novels. Its a fact you have also shared an enjoyable and informative piece of content here. Anyways, thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.

BASANT KUMAR said...

college-party-guide One of the most important rituals for students in college is to throw the most memorable student dorm celebration.
college-dorm-party One of the most important rituals for students in college is to throw the most memorable student dorm celebration.