About the diary writer

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, Alexandria, Virginia, United States
~ About: A 1961-65 Park College Diary ~ As a high school girl and then a college coed in the first half of the 1960s, I wrote nightly entries on the pages of one-year diaries. In January 2010 I began transcribing the entries into a blog and gave each one a title. I grew up on three farms within 30 miles of Iowa City and the University of Iowa with its Iowa Writers' Workshop. As the oldest of four daughters, in my diaries I sometimes referred to my sisters as "the kids" or "the girls." We helped our parents, but we also had good, wholesome fun - a characteristic I took with me to Park. Park is 300 miles southwest of West Chester, Iowa, in Parkville, Missouri, on the Missouri River 10 miles northwest of Kansas City, Missouri, and across the river from Kansas City, Kansas. In 2000 Park College became Park University. Today Park's flagship campus is in Parkville and there are an additional 41 campus centers across the nation. Park was one of the first educational institutions in the United States to offer online learning. My last post was on May 22, 2018. I may be followed on Twitter @BarbaraMcDWhitt.

A Year Old Chocolate Easter Rabbit - Sunday, April 2, 1961

This was Easter Sunday. We didn't have a whole lot for our Easter baskets because Mom forgot about it yesterday in town and the store was about sold out. We didn't mind. Shoot, I was going to throw away (at least look at) the chocolate bunny I got last year and never ate, on his anniversary. He's still in the refrigerator. This afternoon Mom, Dad, Ann and I went down to see about getting the Dodge out--they did tonight--and Phyllis and Virginia were at Cuddebacks. I didn't do a bit of homework so should have gone to bed. Grinnell College was on College Bowl.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Barb

Oh dear. I made a comment and then deleted it but it looks like it still leaves a note that one was deleted. I thought that you might wonder what the hey. I asked originally what it meant to get the Dodge out because I was reading the posts in reverse order. I read the next one and realized that it was a stupid comment and deleted it! Now I wonder if there is a limit on comment length and this one won't make sense either?!

Barbara McDowell Whitt said...

No problem. I've taken care of it from this end. Getting the Dodge out, taken OUT of context, would make you wonder what that was all about.